we moved! please visit us at Our Love Feast

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

gold hearted gum giver

Sophia's newest obsession is chewing gum. She can pretty much sit there all day, unwrapping gum, sticking a new piece in her mouth.. feel content until the flavor is gone...and then of course unwrap and put in a new piece. So, when I was planning on our long flight to and back to the East Coast, I surprised my little girl with a whole packet of gum in her backpack. (you should have seen how big her little eyes got when she discovered the whole packet was her's!) and she was content for the rest of the flight. She may have gone through a whole packet of gum in 5 hours, but she was happy. So.. we were happy.
but..i just wanted to share another gum story that happened the other night that warmed my heart..and made my heart grow a little bit bigger. Sophia had 2 pieces of gum in her hand..she gave one piece to her dad and then I asked her for the other piece. She realized she wanted to give me some gum..but felt so conflicted inside because she only had 1 piece in her hand. She held it for a few seconds, and then gave it to me. (and i really didn't want the gum, i was just testing her...yes i'm a mean mom). But, it made me realize the charity in Sophia's heart...and in return I gave her a whole packet. which then of course she just grabbed one piece and gave the packet back to me. She never stops to amaze me. That evening, I realized she is even more like her loving father. My mother-in-law always said to me that her son is one of those guys that would give his shirt off his back to someone who didn't have one and needed it. And its true, for as long as i've known him he is this way.. and i love that my daughter is this way too.

1 comment:

You are awesome!