we moved! please visit us at Our Love Feast

Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding

credit: Toby Melville/Reuters/Landov

Sophia's favorite word this week was "princess." It was perfect in timing for the Royal wedding. I got to share a bit of history with my daughter this morning in watching the Royal Wedding! It was so special to me because I remember my mom always telling me about Princess Diana's wedding and what it meant to her and now I got to share it with my own daughter. (just in case you were wondering...yes, I was named after her).

This wedding was amazing to watch and I loved Princess Catherine's (as she is now called) dress! I thought it was perfect because she didn't overdo it, but it was perfectly "Kate" in every way. In her own simple style, but still very regal.

What I found fascinating through all of it was the different commentary I was hearing from the different news anchors hosting. I was flipping through the channels and it was amazing how the American audience had such a different outlook of what they wanted to see in a wedding. It seemed that the American people wanted to see "glitz" and "glam." But the British had their own style of having a conservative, classic and historical approach. I too turned on the TV with an American outlook this morning, but when I turned it off I was so open-minded and wowed by how beautiful everything was done and how everyone dressed.

PS: here's a funny fact: my husband's real name is Charles (although he goes by his middle name Michael). : ) Get it? Get it? lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome!